casalecchio di reno | Bologna
CASALECCHIO DI RENO Travel Guide
Casalecchio di Reno is a municipality in the province of Bologna, at about 8 km.
what to see and what to do in CASALECCHIO DI RENO
- the Chiusa on the Reno River, one of the oldest mechanical works in the world, still functioning today. In ancient times the Chiusa had both the purpose of regulating the flow of the river, which alternated flesh floods and shallows, and that of operating mills, mill wheels, sawmills and other factories in the areas of Casalecchio and Bologna.
- Parco della Chiusa, also called Parco Talon, was born in the 17th century by the family of Marchesi Sampieri, and in its interior, besides the real park, you can admire a beautiful Italian garden, two villas and a forest, ancient hunting reserve of the Sampieri family. Today the Park is the perfect place for those who like to do outdoor activities, from simple walks, to jogging, to mountain biking.
- To be remember the Brègoli, a rather demanding but very impressive path that starts from the Church of San Martino and arrives at Monte della Guardia, at Basilica of San Luca; this is dedicated to the Marian cult and is an important destination for pilgrimages from ancient times: to get there you will pass through a characteristic portico path that crosses the monumental Arco del Meloncello. Along the trail you can admire beautiful views, the “balzo della Pizzacherra” (leap of the Pizzacherra), a stretch of trail overhanging the narrow valley of the Pizzacra River, and also a bomb war shelter dating from the Second World War. Today the Chiusa Park has become a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Hermitage of Tizzano is also something to be seen, it is a small district just outside Casalecchio, where you can admire an ancient 16th century wooden crucifix.
EVENTS AND FAIRS
- the Kites Festival, this year at its 39th edition; the Curious Flavor Fair, where you can sample “passatelli” a dish typical of the Emilia tradition;
- the Artisanal Ice Cream Festival during summer and the Artisanal Chocolate Festival during winter;
- “Sapori e Profumi d’Autunno” is the perfect opportunity to take a walk between local food and wine stands and local crafts stands.
- In November, at the San Martino Feast, patron saint of Casalecchio, there is the traditional opening of the cellars, with the possibility of visits and wine tastings.
Do not forget the Unipol Arena, the largest theatre in Italy, which hosts all year round concerts of the greatest Italian and international musicians.
Via del Fanciullo 6, 40033, Casalecchio di Reno, BO
TEL .: +39 0516132867
+39 051 598111
OTHER USEFUL ADDRESSES
A.S.L. - HOUSE OF HEALTH - Piazzale Rita Levi Montalcini, 5 (next to Casalecchio Garibaldi railway station) Tel. 051 4583111