ZOLA PREDOSA | Bologna
ZOLA PREDOSA Travel Guide
Zola Predosa is a city of 18,625 inhabitants, in the province of Bologna.
Its origins are very ancient and date back to the Bronze Age.
In this area were found artifacts belonging to the Villanovian, Etruscan and Roman cultures, which today can be admired in the Archaeological Civic Museum of Bologna.
Before passing under the control of the city of Bologna, these lands belonged to Countess Matilde of Canossa; then, during the Middle Ages, many of the castles and churches that were in this area were destroyed, though many of them were rebuilt just where they were once.
In the 16th century, when Bologna became part of the Church, there is a period of peace and tranquility that lasts for about three centuries, during which noble families built some of the most beautiful villas of Zola Pedrosa.
what to see and what to do in ZOLA PREDOSA - the villas
- it's worth visiting the baroque Palazzo Albergati, one of the most important architectural works of the 17th century. Its large rooms with vaulted ceilings, frescoed with scenes from mythology, have been used both as a theatre and a center of mundane life, hosting prominent figures of various ages, from Voltaire to the King of Spain at Luciano Pavarotti.
- Very beautiful also Palazzo Bentivoglio Pepoli, which has recently been completely renovated, with its painted wooden ceilings and the gardens with waterwarks, its peculiarity even in antiquity.
- You can not miss a visit to Ca 'La Ghironda, Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art: the park houses a botanical garden, an open air theatre and an exhibition of 210 sculptures by various artists such as Manzù, Messina, Stahler and many others. Within the real museum you can admire 500 works of the most important national and international artists from 1500 to today, including De Chirico, Fontana, Picasso and Chagall.
- For motorcycle lovers, not far away, at Borgo Panigale is the Ducati Museum, where you can trace the history of the famous motor brand.
- For those who love outdoor activities, starting from Gesso and following the Gessaroli Path you can reach the ancient gypsum quarries, from which starts many paths that can be walked on both by foot and mountain biking, crossing oak and chestnut woods, and along which, if you are lucky, you can see deer, roe deer and foxes.
EVENTS AND EXHIBITIONS
- the "Zola Jazz & Wine" event takes place between June and early July, this year at its 18th edition, an opportunity to listen to the great music and taste the wine of the cellars of Zola;
- in mid-July there is the Fira d'Zola, where you can rediscover the ancient trades and traditions of the territory, with stalls, shows and wine and food stands;
- in the second half of September there is "Mortadella, please" an international festival dedicated to the salami symbol of Emilia Romagna and the area of Bologna in particular;
- in December, however, the city is decorated for the Christmas markets, which have become a tradition.
where - in the hinterland of Bologna, to the East
by CAR: From the A14 motorway the exit to reach Zola Predosa is Bologna Borgo Panigale from the A1 exit Bolohgna Casalecchio; from the Bologna ring road instead take the exits n. 3
by TRAIN: Metropolitan Railway Service, with frequent frequency, from Bologna Centrale to Vignola stops Zola Predosa: Riale; Pilastrino, Ponte Ronca, Zola Center, Zola Chiesa
Villa Garagnani, Via Masini 11 - 40069 Zola Predosa
Tel. +39 051 9923221
Tel.: +39 051 616 1611
Campagna Tesseramento 2021
Diventa Membro del club !
Come socio avrai diritto a:
-> kit di benvenuto e member card <-
-> guide di Viaggio e Cacce al Tesoro <-
-> partecipare alle attività sociali<-
-> newsletter con info turistiche <-
La quota associativa annua è di 15 euroAssociati adesso !