VIDICIATICO | Bologna
VIDICIATICO Travel Guide
Vidiciatico is a district of Lizzano in Belvedere of 714 inhabitants, in the province of Bologna.
Its origins are ancient, in fact at Rocca Corneta and Sboccata of Bagnadori were even found evidence of the existence of settlements dating back to the Stone Age and the Bronze Age, although this probably was not a stable settlement since the population were mostly nomads.
It was with the arrival of the Etruscans, the Ligurians and the Galli Boi that the first fixed and consolidated settlements were constituted.
According to the legend, his name comes from a brigant named Ciatico who carried out his raids in this area, or from "Valiciatico", that is to say, a crossing-point, according to another possibility instead means "place where it is allowed to cut the willows" which still grow in abundance on these mountains.
what to see and what to do: the Regional Park of Corno alle Scale
- In the main square, in addition to a bell tower, remains the apse of the Cappellina.
- Vidiciatico is the ideal place for those who want to get away from the frenzy of everyday life: immersed in nature, is the perfect destination for those who want to rest or do outdoor activities. both summer and winter.
- Not far from here is the Regional Park of the Corno alle Scale, where it is possible to make excursions of any degree of difficulty both on foot and mountain bike, from those organized, suitable to everyone, to the most demanding ones, perhaps at altitude or during winter, with snowshoes, to finish with full weekend with nights in lodges and dinner with local products. It is also possible to do thematic excursions: nightly ones, watching animals, or climbing to the highest peaks of the Apennines Bolognese to admire dawn;
- it is very suggestive the itinerary that leads to the Dardagna Falls and the Sanctuary of Madonna dell’Acero: it is a short and suitable route for all that, following the course of the Dardagna, leads to the point where the creek creates a waterfall formed by a series of jumps, to arrive at the Sanctuary of the Madonna dell'Acero, at 1200 meters altitude, the most important in the area.
- Even during the winter the Corno alle Scale Park is full of activities: with peaks reaching almost 2,000 meters, there is a well-stocked ski resort for both those who like downhill and speed, and for those who want to do mountaineering ski, as well as a modern snow park, where you can do stunts with snowboards.
- It is also worthwhile to go to the Adventure Park of Monte Pizzo, suitable for both children and adults, where there is a beautiful acrobatic path, plus a climbing facility, two cable cars and a paragliding flight ramp. For those who love the thermal baths, those of Porretta Terme are only 13 kilometers away.
EVENTS AND EXHIBITIONS
- at the end of July at Borgo Antico, there is the Festival of the Borgo, with shows and food and wine stands, where you can savor the typical mountain cuisine;
- always at the end of July there is the manifestation "Vidibacco", with tasting of wines from all over Italy; a
- t the end of August there is the Buskers Festival, the festival of street artists, with shows until late at night though the strees of the village;
- the last weekend of August take place the 4th edition of "Vidiciatico Street Food", an opportunity to stroll through the village streets and in the meantime taste delicious foods from various Italian regions, all accompanied by beer and great music.
where - on the hill of Bologna, to the South
by CAR: From the A1 motorway the exit from North to reach Vidiciatico is Sasso Marconi then SS64 Porrettana toward Porretta Terme and at least follow local signals. From South the suggested exit is Badi.
by TRAIN: Metropolitan Railway Service, with frequent frequency, from Bologna Centrale to Porretta and then the local bus.
Corno alle Scale sky area
Info 0534 51052
Town Hall of LIZZANO IN BELVEDERE
Piazza Marconi 6
Tel. 0534 51024
OTHER USEFUL ADDRESSES
Health Service : Hospital of PORRETTA TERME - Via Oreste Zagnoni, 5 · 0534 20711